Friday, March 28, 2008

Capitalism

My father is a stock broker and he knows his fair share of tricks and trades when dealing with financial issues. Yet, it was when I was four that I taught him a little-known secret about American currency.

Pops brought home one of those large calculators that also printed out receipts. When he stepped out of the room for a break and a cool glass of water, I took over at the calculator. I started printing receipts as fast as I could.

My dad re-entered the calculating factory and said, "What are you doing?" I told him I was creating money. And LOTS of it! "Look at all of these numbers on the paper, dad! We're gonna be millionaires! No, wait! We're going to be trillionaires! I'm going to need some Power Ranger toys!"

I was removed from the table and was never to return again. Why would I ever come back after striking it rich the first time? I was a gazillionaire.

No comments: